Thursday, September 20, 2012

Apple Everything-- & Apple Art!

Help me out and follow my blog by clicking on "Join This Site" to the right --->
I'd appreciate your support! ~Thanks!!! 

 

 We painted apple trees for all seasons after reading The Apple Pie Tree. Detailed instructions below.
The red apples in the center are just paper plates painted red!

 

Of course, for September Science, we have been learning about apples.  I love a good Apple unit because it is so versatile and cross-curricular. 


We have read tons of apple books such as:  



 Plus: 
             Applesauce Season   
         Apples A to Z

and Apples.

We tasted apples:

and graphed our favorite ones:

We made an Apple Counting Book:




and colored the parts of an apple:


And finally, we painted apple trees for every season to go with the Apple Pie Tree:
First, we folded our paper into fourths.  (Well, I did this part but you can live on the edge if you want!) 
 And we painted the 4 trees.

Another day, we decorated the trees with cotton for Winter, tissue paper for Spring, green beads for Summer, and red pom poms for Fall.


I love how different all the trees look!  I am not done with the bulletin board yet, but I will post a pic of the finished product when it's done!

Tomorrow, we will make applesauce in the crock pot to taste.  My recipe is:

10-12 Granny Smith apples
3/4 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 c water

Peel and chop the apples.
Put everything in crock pot.
Cover and set on High for 3 hours.
Stir occasionally.  Mash with a potato masher.
Let sit uncovered 1 hour to cool before serving.
Serve in paper cups with a plastic spoon. :)

And then, I will joyfully celebrate the WEEKEND!!!

Cheers~

No comments:

Post a Comment