Saturday, August 25, 2012

Let The Games Begin! (& A Freebie For you!)

I just survived finished survived my first week back to school!  Wow.  Exhausting!  I will definitely be needing my "toolbox" to get through this year, but overall I feel good about the group and their potential.

I am really happy with how my classroom looks this year and how functional it is for the students!  I re-did all the walls and bulletin boards.  They needed refreshing!

Here are a few "Before" pics:
It always amazes me how much work there is to do!

Everything was (as always) in the middle of the room.

 I decided to do a little rearranging since I had to move everything anyway!

Here are the "After" pics:
My new "Popcorn Word Wall"
I got the Popcorn Words unit HERE.  It's a fabulous yearlong unit that follows the sequence of the program we use, CA Treasures.  I got the cute Popcorn Cart HERE. 


Cat in the Hat wall, Calendar, Behavior Chart, and my classroom buddies.
My library.  In the basket are these comfy cushions for sitting or laying on.
  
 Number Wall
Back of room-- final product!

Front of room-- final product!

All ready for 26 little learners!!!

To celebrate the beginning of the school year, here is a FREE ABC Sight Word Reader!

I hope your school year is off to a great start or you are ready to go if you haven't started just yet!  I am still getting to know my new friends.  We have some challenges ahead, but I know it's going to be a GREAT year!







No comments:

Post a Comment