Friday, March 1, 2013

Cats and Hats

Did you celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday this week?  I usually have at least one entire day devoted to it, but I just couldn't find the time this year.  So we just did a couple simple things today and it was still a lot of fun.  Also, the group I have this year does not do well when things are too...shall we say...fun-based.  They do not see or comprehend the fine line between having fun and being completely crazy, know what I mean?  Yeah.  I know you do.

Today we read The Cat in the Hat and did a directed drawing of the cat.  I think they turned out cute.  When they finished, I told the kids to write some --at words.  Then, we made a hat to wear and on each stripe was an --at word.  I didn't take pictures of the hats, but they were super simple and the kids looked really cute walking around in them.




Later, we read and watched a DVD of Green Eggs and Ham.  It was a much simplified version of my past Seuss days, but sometimes you just can't squeeze everything in!  I had a sub yesterday so I could attend a Common Core training so today was a bit of a catch-up day as well.  And yet another reason I didn't want to do anything too crazy!

If you want the directions to do the drawing: CLICK HERE

TGIF!   Have a GREAT weekend!


1 comment:

  1. The idea of a play school is another pattern however it has gotten up to speed with generally guardians. Playschools help in general improvement of kids. Play School in HSR Layout

    ReplyDelete