Thursday, December 27, 2012

Wrapping Up 2012 With A Calendar Freebie

Before I get into what we were up to last week, I want to let you know about a project for Sandy Hook.  In case you haven't heard, the CT PTSA is collecting decorated snowflakes from children around the country to decorate the temporary school for the Sandy Hook survivors.  Our thoughts and prayers continue to go out to the families of the victims and the community as a whole.


Well, we were busy little elves last week.  We wrapped up our gingerbread unit with cookie decorating and our "Gingerbread Man" play.  This is the play by Heidi Butkus of Heidisongs.  If you've never done a play with your class, this is a great one to start with.  It's adorable!


I purposely posted a dark pic so as not to show faces, but it was beyond cute!
We painted pine cone Christmas trees.  I collected the pine cones in Lake Tahoe last summer, but you could certainly do this project with the smaller cones you find at Michael's.  

Just have them paint the cones in a paper bowl and sprinkle with glitter while wet.  Allow to dry overnight.  The way I did the display was put tacky glue in the bottom of the bowl, crumple a half sheet of tissue paper and stick to the bowl.  Coat the top of the tissue paper with more tacky glue and attach the pine cone.  I used Solo red plastic bowls.  Next year,  I will remember to take pictures of all the steps!  



We also made bead pattern candy canes.  I got the kits from Oriental Trading Co. but you could certainly just use pony beads from any craft store.




It was a great final week before the holidays, filled with fun projects, lots of hugs, and a renewed appreciation for the privilege it is to do the job I do.

I had a wonderful holiday with my family and have even created a couple of new items for my TpT Store.




HaPpY NeW YeAr!!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog! I would love a copy of the Penguin Writing unit. Have a wonderful New Year's Eve and a terrific 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy! What email would you like it sent to?
      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. preschool cuts into fundamental play time and pushes an adolescent to grow up excessively energetic. It's a stirring up issue, especially for loved ones offering contrasting assessments and heading. Play School in HSR Layout

    ReplyDelete