Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mr. T. Rocks!

Next Monday is going to be a harsh dose of reality for me.  I have had quite the unexpected "vacation" these past several weeks...in the form of a student teacher.  A wonderful student teacher who we'll call "Mr. T."  (because he really does pity the fool, and also because his last name actually starts with T!)

My students have come to love Mr. T. dearly and I know it's going to be hard for them to say good-bye.  He has been so great with them!-- he's wiped tears and tied shoes, put on plenty of band-aids, and been hugged nearly to death.  He has grown as a teacher as much as the kids have grown to love him!  We will all miss him. 

Somehow I will reestablish my "authority" in the classroom as "Director of Chaos" just in time to turn around in a few short weeks and say good-bye again for Summer vacation.  Bittersweet. 

Over the next few weeks, we're going to learn a ton about the Rainforest:

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Rainforest-Learning-Adventure-Animal-Habitat-Investigations

and even do reports to display for Open House:

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Rain-Forest-Animal-Research-Report-and-Pre-Planning-Sheet

Wish me luck!








1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much! My experience in K-17 will always hold a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete